Infant Massage Course
Infant massage provides many wonderful benefits, not only to infants, but to the family unit.
As an International Association of Infant Massage Certified Educator with over 15 years teaching experience, I will guide you through each stroke carefully until you are confident in using the simple techniques.
Baby massage is usually taught in a small group setting for infants or alternatively, I am able to also provide individual sessions. Sessions are run over 6 weeks, so that parents can learn the strokes gradually and to allow babies time to adjust to being massaged.
Some of the benefits of Infant Massage include:
- It is fun and enjoyable for both baby and parent.
- Helps both baby and parent to relax.
- Encourages baby to sleep deeper and longer.
- Improves colic and constipation, and calms irritable babies.
- Boosts a baby’s Serotonin levels, which is known to reduce the risks of SIDS.
- Establishes a close, loving communication and relationship with your baby.
- Provides opportunity for fathers to spend quality time with their babies.
- Strokes can be adapted for use on babies and children with special needs to help them reach their potential.
Massage can also be adapted for use with children of all ages. Babies and children who are massaged regularly are more likely to have a secure relationship with their parents and so tend to have better relationships with others, both as children and adults.
The 6 week course is $170.00 or $153.00 concession.
|24/07/19||9.30am – 10.30am|
|31/07/19||9.30am – 10.30am|
|07/08/19||9.30am – 10.30am|
|14/08/19||9.30am – 10.30am|
|21/08/19||9.30am – 10.30am|
|28/08/19||9.30am – 10.30am|
You can book the course on line through StudioBookings by clicking on the green Book Online button below. On your first visit you will need to create an account, but once that is done your booking is simply a click away.